The Infrared Moisture Survey Course has been approved for any one of the following: 2 CECs in the cleaning/restoration category
2 CECs in the inspection category
2 CECs in the master category
This course is designed to help you expand your thermal testing business to include infrared moisture surveys. Providing this service will help your clients understand the source and extent of hidden water damage and moisture that could lead to significant Structural damage or microbial growth. A professional infrared moisture survey report can be used to help guide repair efforts, to aid those writing mold remediation protocols, or to document expensive water damage claims for insurance policies.
This course will teach you the use and operation of infrared cameras, how to conduct proper thermal surveys, the process for investigating and positively identifying moisture using infrared, and how to prepare and deliver a professional infrared moisture survey report. A previous Level 1 Thermographer certification is recommended, but Not required. You do not need an infrared camera to take this course.
Prerequisites: Level I Thermographer Certification, or 24 course hours in thermography basics, or equivalent thermography work experience is recommended.
This is one of the only infrared moisture survey courses available anywhere, and provides outstanding infrared training for an excellent value. Written in easy-to-understand language, thermal training is accompanied by many examples, videos, and practice exercises to help you become familiar with the concepts.
- Differentiate between moisture and other thermal anomalies that look similar
- Trace hidden moisture trails to their source and use thermal capacitance differences to survey flat roofs
- Avoid false temperature change that can result from differences in emissivity, reflectivity, transmissivity, And target surface geometry
- Ways to improve the quality of a thermal image by understanding resolution, palette, range, and image contrast
- Create infrared moisture survey reports that document conditions, make recommendations, and use post-processed radiometric images
As you complete each lesson, you will use interactive flash cards and take practice quizzes that will test and verify your knowledge simultaneously through instant online feedback. Your results are saved in the cloud so you can easily track your progress.
The course includes a quick-start DVD that will help guide you in starting a successful infrared business. Other benefits include infrared moisture survey report templates, a pre-survey agreement, and our toll free support to help you get started. When you finish the course and pass the final exam, you will be a Certified Infrared Moisture Surveyor and will possess the knowledge and skills needed to start a full or part-time business, or expand your existing infrared business. What You Will Master
Virtual Package Includes:
- Adjusting and using a thermal imaging IR camera
- Preparing a site for an infrared moisture survey
- Moving an area into transition and establishing Delta-T
- Defining the scope and limitations of the survey
- Methods for conducting a thermal moisture survey
- And much more!
Online Course, Infrared Business Start-up Online DVD, Flashcards & Testing, Moisture Survey Template, Infrared Moisture Surveyor Certification, Toll Free Student Support, Free $149 Membership in NAIS, the National Association of Infrared Surveyors, Free $149 InspectHost website. Training is 100% online, no materials are shipped. Course Lessons
- IR Camera Operation
- Conducting Thermal Surveys
- Moisture Investigation
- Moisture Survey Reports
- Standards and Ethics
- Final Exam
- Glossary of Terms
- Facts to Remember
- Resource Documents